Living Our Mission
Church of the Redeemer's Ministry and Mission
MINISTRY TEAMS AT REDEEMER
The ministry teams are comprised of people who answer Christ’s call and have gifts for particular areas of the whole mission of the church. Team members serve Christ through their particular work; each team will invite others to work on specific events/projects that all may have the opportunity to live out their discipleship.
SOIL ++++++ ROOTS++++++ STEM ++++++ FLOWER
The leadership of Redeemer has begun to refer to our work together as "The Flower Model."
- Our commitment to spreading the light and love of Christ through outreach in both our local and global communities.
Includes: Mission, Vitality, Stewardship & Fundraising
- Our commitment to the growth and the health of the congregation and church family, including education, discipleship, and congregational life.
Includes: Education, Congregational Life
- Our commitment to our worship experience, music ministry, spiritual life and wellness.
Includes: Music & Worship, Parish Leadership, Health
- Our commitment to our physical surroundings including our building, our grounds, and our greater environment
Includes: Building and Grounds, Building Use
MISSION AND OUTREACH
Redeemer reaches out to those in need:
- By being one of the United Church of Christ "5 for 5" churches, receiving offerings throughout the year to support ministry near and far
- Through participation and support of Hershey Food Bank and Love, INC.
- By helping older adults who have come to the end of their financial resources to continue to be cared for by supporting the United Church of Christ Homes Benevolent Fund.
- By receiving donations for Goodwill throughout the year, sharing Warm Christmas Tree items with ministries like Bethesda Mission; and world-wide relief efforts through Church World Service/CROP.
- Through encouraging groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Overeaters Anonymous and other support groups to meet regularly in our facility.